It is fun to make your own dog treats or biscuits and this is a very simple but tasty recipe.
You can adapt the base flavour to whatever you might have in the store cupboard, such as tinned mackerel, sardines, tuna etc. For this particular batch I used a small tin of mackerel fillets in oil and all the dogs love it.
- 100g base flavour (tinned mackerel in this case)
- 100g flour (wholemeal or plain)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Water if needed to make a batter consistency
- If you have a food processor or liquidiser it is easiest as you can put everything in the bowl and blitz.
- Otherwise mash the base flavour, mix in the eggs and oil then fold in the flour.
- If necessary, add water to get a batter consistency
- Fill your silicone moulds
- Bake for 30-40mins Gas 2, 300°F or 150°C